Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Week 2, Creating a blog

I was a little afraid of creating the blog but after reading some that were already done by others at FCPL, I was encouraged to forge ahead. Although I'm not sure how I ended up with the template that I did, I'm content to keep it. I'm working on this from home so I'm not able to listen to the podcasts very easily. I actually had to allow them to load while I did other things for hours before I could actually listen to the audio and view the slide presentation for the first week's assignment. I will try to continue to work on these 23 Things. Several times, I have gone to withdraw from it but couldn't seem to bring myself to do the deed. I want to do this for myself -- not for the CEUs that can be earned.

5 comments:

Lesa said...

This is great, Victoria! I enjoy learning a little about everybody - like I didn't know you WERE a Jersey girl.

I'm sure glad you're sticking with it. There are still a lot of fun things to come.

- Lesa

SusanK said...

Heyyyyyy...I am a New Yawk girl...from the Bronx. We need to do cawfee sometime Victoria.

ILLBookbuyer said...

I'm so glad you forged ahead, Victoria. I've long admired your attention to detail and conscientious endeavors. If you can stick to this learning experience, so can I!

Victoria said...

I'm not sure how to respond to each comment so I'll just respond to all....Lesa, I'm STILL a Jersey girl. I may not talk like one much anymore but NJ is home to me. It's kind of stunning to me when I come to grips with the fact that my childrens' home is and always will be Maryland. But my roots are in NJ and they run deep. Susan, we can wawk our dawgs in the fawl while they chase a bawl--how about some Nuzzo's Italian Ice instead of cawfee?...Jane, I hope I don't let you down because this technology stuff may be just a little too much fun for me to handle!

Dina said...

Hey Victoria,
This new stuff can be confusing, but if you're doing it for yourself only, which IMHO is great, then you decide how much time you put in. I've hit some stumbling blocks but continue to learn. Have fun! I almost said that that was the hardest of the 7 1/2 things for me but didn't have the guts. I think Sydney said it for me. Enough of my ramblings. Glad you Middletown folks are having fun!!!
Dina